Geological Highway Map of Alberta (HWY 1)
Alberta Geological Survey
The newly-revised (2010) Geological Highway Map of Alberta is based on the Geological map of Alberta produced by the Alberta Geological Survey. Material for the map has also been provided by the Geological Survey of Newfoundland and the Provincial Museum of Alberta.
- basic geological concepts such as the geological cycle, plate tectonics and glaciation
- the impact of resource industries on the Alberta economy
- detailed maps of the highway routes through the Rockies
- detailed stratigraphic columns
- a map of basement tectonic elements
- cross-sections of the geology
- photographs and diagrams of key geological features with brief explanations.
This map will be of interest to CSPG members, students, professional geoscientists, tourists and the general public!